So, I did an update of the first journal I made several months ago, this time with a few changes, a lot more informations and a bit less confuse, I hope. Anyway, here I put a bit of info of the universe of my story, such as the mythology, weapons, artifacts, and other concepts that I found important to talk about.
(btw, races and countries info coming very soon, they'll be in drawing format to help with the description)
I. UNIVERSAL STRUCTURE
1. Daesar: The "Sphere of Existence", the place in the universe where all matter and energy is located. The Divine Garden of Daesar, a transcendental dimension like Ionon, is destined only to the gods and a handful of souls worthy enough to walk among them.
2. Eleanor: It's the physical plane of Daesar, the Earth as it were. It's also the anchor of the entire Sphere of Existence.
3. Ionon: A transcendental dimension inside Daesar, Ionon is the purgatory, a place where the souls of the living are sent after death in Eleanor to prepare for the next cycle of reincarnation.
4. Sianlor: part of the universe beyond the limits of Daesar, where the void rules supreme and the Aedel is currently lost.
5. Urdurin: Once the realm of Kazos, Urdurin became the Eternal Prison for both him and Namenon, following the end of the Divine War. It's an extra dimensional realm located outside the Daesar that constantly tries to assimilate it, but is prevented by Eleanor's life force.
1. Eleanor: The Great Mother. Eleanor was the first entity to exist in the universe, along with Zeto, her consort. She was the most beautiful being and had a considerable portion of Aedel inside her, granting her the power to animate anything through the divine element known as the "whisper of life". She fragmented herself in eight parts to create the Daesar and thus save Zeto from destruction: her limbs became the four basic elements (fire, water, earth and wind), her head became the two divine elements (light and darkness), her torso became the physical plane (named after her) and her heart was given untouched to Zeto.
2. Zeto: The Great Modeler. Zeto was the first entity to exist in the universe, along with Eleanor, his consort. He had the power to manipulate existing matter and energy to his very will, and was the builder of all ten gods. Unlike Eleanor (who's self sufficient), Zeto needed the power of Aedel to maintain his existence, growing weaker and weaker when in contact with the void of Sianlor. He's saved from his terrible fate when his lover sacrificed herself to create the Sphere of Existence.
3. Kazos: The Great Light, Kazos was formed by the manipulation of the elements light, darkness and fire. He's the first-born of Eleanor and Zeto and had the ability to manipulate light to a near unlimited extent, as well as some considerable control over darkness. Despite his physical aspect (a glowing angelical figure), Kazos grew bitter and resentful past time (that's mainly because of Zeto's initial unawareness of the consequences of mixing light and darkness in the same being; Kazos developed a lightened body but a darkened soul), wishing to dethrone his father and become the ultimate ruler over all creation. He created a realm for himself, Urdurin, and convinced his younger brothers Namenon and Casteus to join his side of the fight. Kazos was the maker of the kallatian race, and was also the first one to break the Covenant of Creation; he did it by building a gigantic army of corrupted entities, known as the Aymarens, and using them to destroy every single being in Eleanor that didn't recognize his supremacy.
4. Khonen Daala: The Dark Damsel, Khonen Daala was formed by the manipulation of the elements light, darkness and wind. She's the second child of Eleanor and Zeto, and had the ability to manipulate darkness to a near unlimited extent, as well as some considerable control over light. Unlike Kazos, Khonen Daala developed a darkened body and a lightened soul, being extremely benevolent despite her fearful aspect. Way before the Covenant of Creation, she made the liadaen race. After the dissolution of Kamirai, Khonen Daala became the only entity strong enough to clash directly with Kazos, but she could defeat him only when holding the Iael'd. After the events of the Divine War, she became the ruler of Daesar.
5. Ayeder: The Goodness, Ayeder was formed by the manipulation of light alone. She's the twin sister of Sereder and had the ability to make light prevail inside any physical being in Eleanor. Unlike the other divinities, she and Sereder were exclusively transcendental entities.
6. Sereder: The Evilness, Sereder was formed by the manipulation of darkness alone. He's the twin brother of Ayeder and had the ability to make darkness prevail inside any physical being in Eleanor. Unlike the other divinities, he and Ayeder were exclusively transcendental entities.
7. Kamirai: The Father Nature, Kamirai was formed by the manipulation of the elements fire, water, earth, wind and light. He's the fifth child of Eleanor and Zeto, and had the ability to bend those elements to his very will. Despite being created to be the most powerful entity and the true ruler of the Universe (since Zeto considered Kazos and Khonen Daala "failures" and both Sereder and Ayeder were unable to acquire physical forms), Kamirai developed a nihilistic persona (due to his advanced comprehension over life and death and his realizing of the futility of immortality), to the point of fragmenting himself, thus ending his own existence. His remains ended up becoming the Elementals, the very first race of Eleanor.
8. Casteus: The Master of Destruction, Casteus was formed by the manipulation of the elements fire, earth, wind and darkness. He's the sixth child of Eleanor and Zeto, and had the ability to manipulate both earth and fire. He's one of the most powerful divinities and arguably the most endurable, being virtually indestructible, but his greatest power lying on the blade of Nalyl, the Life Reaper. The Covenant of Creation was established only after Casteus created the aeon and the galian races, and they begun to disrupt the environmental balance on Eleanor. After Zeto tried to destroy them, Casteus rebelled against him and joined Kazos' side. He was the one who slayed Zeto, and after losing the War, he was imprisoned in the core of earth.
9. Kraiser: The Empress of Dragons, Kraiser was formed by the manipulation of the elements fire, earth and wind. She's the seventh child of Eleanor and Zeto and had the ability to control the fire to a near unlimited extent, and also had considerable control over the wind. She was the maker of draconians, and was the only entity on Zeto's side to break the Covenant of Creation, in order to create Moira, the first dragon.
10. Alijt: The Mother Nature, Alijt was formed by the manipulation of the elements fire, water, earth and wind. She's the eighth child of Eleanor and Zeto and had the ability to control the basic elements to a near unlimited extent. She's also the replacement of Kamirai after his suicide, created with less power in order to be able to handle it (unlike her predecessor did). She was one of the most active creators in Eleanor before the Covenant of Creation; she made the lomurevians, numenivians, felsians and siils, apart from most beasts, creatures and plants existing.
11. Namenon: The Hand of Death, Namenon was formed by the manipulation of the elements wind and light. He's the ninth child of Eleanor and Zeto and had the ability to control the skies to a near unlimited extent. Namenon was created to be the guardian of the Veil of the Gods, the wall that kept the physical and the transcendental dimensions of Daesar apart from each other, but he refused to do so after seeing Zeto's actions against Thaelan, joining Kazos' side right after. He developed an obsession with death, wishing to become the overlord of Ionon and the holder of the power of mortality. He's also the maker of the alanoian race.
12. Thaelan: The Compassionate, Thaelan was formed by the manipulation of the elements light, earth and wind. She's the tenth child, the youngest of Eleanor and Zeto and had the ability to control the earth and the wind to a near unlimited extent; she also had considerable control over light. She created both the guildorian and the gardian races. Thaelan was her father's favorite, mostly because of her resemblance with her mother, which made him fall deeply in love with her and try to take her as his new consort, starting to believe that she was in fact the reincarnation of Eleanor herself. In order to protect her from their father's lust, Thaelan's sisters sent her to Urdurin, the only place he couldn't reach, where she's warmly received by her brothers. However, when she finally discovered their plans to destroy Zeto and subjugates the other divinities, Thaelan tried to warn her sisters, but was stopped by Kazos, who imprisoned her, powerless, in the depths of Urdurin, trapped inside an impervious golden armor forged by Casteus (despite being some sort of prison, Casteus did it also because, in the case they lost the war, the armor would protect her from Zeto). After the Divine War, she's rescued by Khonen Daala, but was unable to get off the armor, since the only thing capable of breaking it was the power of Nalyl, which was thrown in Eleanor and therefore out of their reach.
III. IMPORTANT CONCEPTS
1. Aedel: The Seed of Life. Aedel is a massive particle that holds the entirety of the Whisper of Life, being able to create anything at an unlimited extent when ignited. Both Zeto and Eleanor were spontaneously born from it, but before they were able to reclaim it for them, the Aedel was lost in the infinite of the Void. It’s said that whoever acquires the Aedel will gain true omnipotence.
2. Ante-Age: The infinite lapse of time set before the creation of Daesar.
3. Age: Is a period of time that represents aproximately 1500 years. Since the creation of Eleanor there were 5 ages at total.
4. Covenant of Creation: It is a pact made by Zeto that forbade any of the divinites to create life on their own. It was established after Casteus created the Galian race and the gigantic Aeons, and those brought a huge imbalance in the environment of Eleanor. Kraiser was the only divinity who was given permission to break the Convenant in order to create the dragon race and even the Divine War against her siblings.
5. The Veil of The Gods: It's the great energy barrier that separates Eleanor from the Divine Garden of Daesar, thus separating the gods from the physical plane of existence. Despite that, the divinities still are capable of exercing limited influence over beings and events. It was created by Eleanor as a way of protecting the existing mortal creatures from divine wrath and from the harm of the fallen spirits of Ionon.
6. The Sacred Pool of Norhast: It is a bottomless well filled with what is believed to be the amount of tears Eleanor shed when Zeto was slayed by Casteus. The well is believed to be placed in the Secret Hall, which location is unknown, and is said to be protected by deadly, indestructible sentinels.
7. Iael'd: The Lineal Eye. Iael’d is a defensive weapon, an eye-shaped talisman that gives to its owner the ability to see the most probable futures triggered by determined action taken, all at once. It was created by Khonen Daala using Eleanor’s heart itself as raw material, after Zeto was killed by Casteus, and was torn in half by Nalyl right before Casteus's defeat, falling in Eleanor. According to the legend, in order to keep it safe from unwise hands, both pieces were locked up on the Secret Hall as well.
8. Nalyl: The Life Reaper. Nalyl is the most powerful weapon on existence. It was forged by Casteus in the edge of Daesar, who used his own left arm as raw material; that’s also the reason why the Nalyl behaves as Casteus’ body part, reaching its maximum potential only in his hands and coming to him wherever it might be. When fighting his sisters and realizing that his defeat was certain, he threw Nalyl on Eleanor, this way being out of the reach of them. It was found by earth elementals and locked up on Sigurd, the lost Island.
9. Moundir: The Divine Blade. Moundir is Kazos’ weapon, it’s a retractable sword that substitute his left arm whenever he’s in combat mode.
10. Farnheim: The Golden Spear. Farnheim is Thaelan’s weapon and it increases her power over the wind on an exponential level.
11. Garanin: The Last Defense. Garanin is Namenon’s weapon, a giant impervious shield that provides not only near perfect defense, but also powerful attacks in the form of lightning bolts. Just like Nalyl, the Garanin was also dropped in Eleanor, but it wasn't found.
12. Altaen: The Bow of Destiny. Altaen is Alijt’s weapon, a crossbow attached to her right arm whenever she's in combat mode.
13. Oir Stones: The Oir stones are two gems created by a secret society of ancient alanoian sorcerers, who were searching for a way of reconnecting Eleanor and the Divine Garden of Daesar. However, the stones created a breach in the Veil of The Gods, allowing the spirits of Ionon to cross between dimensions as well, by possessing the holders of the gems. After realizing the dangers of it, the sorcerers tried to destroy the stones, with no success; then, decided to hide them in separated locations and then performed a suicidal pact to preserve their locations.
14. Possession: The concept in which a spiritual entity, usually from Ionon, possesses a physical being. This event was quite common in the first ages, but after the creation of the Veil of The Gods, it became only possible with the Oir Stones. When possessed, a being can achieve supernatural feats, the most common of them being: significantly enhanced strength and speed, levitation, telekinesis, telepathy, manipulation of natural elements, among others. The being regains control of their body after the intruder spirit is expelled, which happens usually by defensive magic spells.
15. Incarnation: Basically the same concept of possession, except that incarnation is performed by a god itself. The incarnation can only happen if the holder of the Oir stones is a Vessel, and unlike the cases of possession, the Vessel of incarnation basically dies, for they give their body and soul as a ritualistic sacrifice to ensure the presence of a divinity in the physical plane (any other being that's not a Vessel would burn instantly into oblivion, for the regular amount of vital energy inside a being is enough to incarnate a god for only a fraction of second). The incarnation also differs from possession in the point that it is temporary; the incarnated god has only a few hours allowed in the physical plane, before burning all the vital force of the Vessel's body completely and shutting down the dimensional connection. Also, the incarnated entity possesses only a small fraction of the divinity's powers, and said power lowers exponentially by the hour.
16. Vessel: The vessels are beings born with a significant amount of vital energy within them. This trait doesn't give them any sort of advantage over regular individuals, but most of the Vessels have a deeper connection with the spiritual dimensions, mostly when dreaming. They can be of any race possible and its existence is sporadic and extremely rare; there can be hundreds of years passed without one single Vessel born. Also, many magical societies have sworn to hunt down and exterminate living Vessels, which makes theirexistence very dangerous.
17. Rituals of Incarnation: Though incarnation methods are not predefined and can be discovered by extremely profound study and knowledge of the magical arts and several years of considerations, there are only two known rituals discovered so far; the first one, where the Vessel, already holding one of the Oir stones, willfully offers their life as a sacrifice for the divinity in question (it's important to point out that the Vessel can be incarnated only by the god that created their race), then they open a wound anywhere in their body (there must be a considerable bleeding) and are immersed in the Sacred Pool of Norhast, where their existence is merged with the essence of Daesar. The second method, way more obscure, recquires that the Vessel writes his own enchantment on a silver goblet, in which they offer their whole existence, even in the afterlife, to the divinity; then, they must slay the whole royal family of their race, mix their blood in the goblet and drink it; and lastly, they must inflict a fatal wound in themselves, reciting out loud the enchanment in the goblet until they bleed to death; then, it is said that the incarnated form of the divinity will arise from the blood of the lifeless body. For this ritual to work, the Vessel must be using the Oir stone while drinking from the goblet and killing themselves.
It's quite lenghty, I know, but I hope it's interesting and made you people at least a bit curious to hear more of it. Anyway, hope you enjoy!